Get leaner and healthier effortlessly with these four simple smoothie recipes.
Have a picky eater? Feeling burned out when it comes to your meal prep? Drinking a smoothie is an incredible way to pack in nutrients and loading up on foods that’ll keep you full for hours.
Check out our current favorites that may help to ramp up your metabolism and decrease inflammation:
Red Berries And Chilli Smoothie Recipe
- Handful of strawberries , provide polyphenols, which help to improve blood sugar control and reduce fat storage
- Pinch of chili powder , provides capsaicin, which aids fat loss by increasing body temperature and energy expenditure
- Handful of frozen raspberries , provide fibre, which helps keep you full and avoid the temptation to snack
- 1/2 cup natural or coconut yogurt , provides filling protein, which helps to minimize muscle wastage when eating for fat loss
Kale And Pear Smoothie Recipe
- Handful of kale , provides calcium, which plays a key role in regulating body fat levels
- ½ pear , provides anti-inflammatory flavonoids, which help you recover after a fat-torching gym session
- 1 scoop of natural or coconut yogurt, which provides high levels of protein to keep you feeling full throughout the morning
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey , has been found to increase exercise capacity during workouts, allowing you to burn more calories
- Water, to taste
Chocolate And Coconut Smoothie Recipe
- 1 oz 85% cocoa dark chocolate , provides flavonoids, which supply working muscles with oxygen
- 1/2 cup coconut milk , fuels muscle growth because it is calorie-dense, containing 140 cals per 3.5 oz
- 3 tbsp plant-based protein, which provides protein to help build and repair muscle tissue
- 1 pinch cinnamon , improves insulin sensitivity and body composition
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup raw oats, soaked in 1/2 cup water
Spicy Orange And Green Tea Smoothie Recipe
- Juice of 1 orange , provides vitamin C, which helps to combat free radicals and improve recovery after training
- Pinch of chili powder , provides capsaicin, which helps to suppress appetite
- 1 scoop of plant-based protein isolate , which is very filling, helping you avoid the urge to snack
- 1 3/4 cups green tea, cold , provides the antioxidant ECGC, which causes an increase in fat oxidization
Written by Coach for Coach and legally licensed through the Matcha publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured image provided by Coach
Vitamin & Me: Smoothie Recipes for Effortless Health
Bring on the smoothies! Even with the cooling temperatures, smoothies are a great way to pack in loads of nutrients while packing in nourishing foods that’ll keep you full for hours. And once you get the hang of a few staples, you can start experimenting with new flavors, like turmeric, or create a pumpkin pie-flavored snack for the fall!
Our founder Jessica Houston believes nutrition is the principal pillar to one’s health, and that vitamins follow solid nutrition to help cover deficiencies diet can’t always ensure. To get personal consulting on your health, reach out to us at email@example.com! We would love to help. Nutrition can be hard and overwhelming!
Jessica also created a EatClean30 guide, an evidence-based culmination of good-for-you recipes that’s free! Download the challenge here to change things up when it comes to your plate! You can start eating for more energy, healing and overall wellness today.
For more recipe ideas, check back to the Wellness Journal and see our Instagram @vitaminandme!