Don’t worry mama! We’ve got you! Pregnancy is a beautiful journey, and every pregnancy is different. At Vitamin & Me, we’re mothers first. We’re here for every question, every concern and every exciting moment. We’ve put together a few answers to common questions to help you along the way. If you need anything else, just ask!During pregnancy, there are a few things that might stress you out. All the advice you hear from friends, family and even strangers- about what is safe and what is not safe during pregnancy is enough to confuse anyone. So, if you’re wondering what you should do or not, check out this guide. These tips will help you to have a healthy pregnancy and birth.
1) Eat five or six balanced meals each day.
2) Take prenatal vitamins regularly as directed by your doctor.
3) Drink plenty of fluids including 8-10 glasses a day and avoid caffeine and any artificial coloring.
4) Don’t consume alcohol.
5) Don’t smoke or allow yourself to be exposed to second-hand smoke.
6) Exercise- It’s important for your general health and also can help reduce stress. Take a pregnancy exercise class or walk at least 15-20 minutes every day at a moderate pace. During the hot months walk in cool, shaded areas or indoors in order to prevent overheating. For the rest of the year, if you exercise outdoors make sure you dress comfortably for the weather.
7) Get adequate sleep- It is necessary to sleep for at least 8-10 hours a night. If you are suffering from sleep disturbances, take naps during the day and also see your doctor for advice.
8) Wear comfortable, none-restricting shoes and put your feet up several times a day to prevent swelling of your ankles, feet, and legs.
9) Wear your seat belt when traveling or driving.
10) Don’t take any over-the-counter medications or herbal remedies without consulting your obstetrician.
All these tips for a healthy pregnancy are frequently advised by doctors and other health professionals, still, it is advised to always seek a direct advice from your doctor regarding any issues or doubts.
Written by Editorial Team for The Healthy Moms Magazine and legally licensed through the Matcha publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to email@example.com.
Want to know which prenatals are right for you? Take our free prenatal quiz, created by mothers, who are also Hopkins experts!
Featured image provided by Ignacio Campo